Laminate flooring is a popular choice for homeowners because it is one of the most durable and economical flooring options available. Laminate floors are easy to replace, resistant to stains and scratches, and great for families. Of course, like all flooring styles, laminate requires regular cleaning and maintenance.
Does the steam mop will do the job, or will wreck the floor? Someone say’s it will be fine, but most of laminate floor manufacture will say’s not recomended steam mopping the laminate floor. Some say it'snt will harm your hardwood floor cause steam mop will dry within 30 second, will not give any water residue to your laminate floor. What you can do on your laminate floor to maintain the laminate floor. Here are some consideration when thinking to steam mopping your laminate floor
What is Laminate Floor/ Hardwood Floor?
Laminate flooring (also called floating wood tile in the United States) is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product fused together with a lamination process. Laminate flooring simulates wood (or sometimes stone) with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective layer.
Engineered hardwood flooring is a type of wood floor that consists of several wood or plywood layers. Bottom and middle layers are manufactured from cross-laid solid wood or plywood planks. The top layer consists of a solid sawn wood lamella, often stained and prefinished in factory setting. Solid hardwood flooring planks are produced from single pieces of wood, can be purchased unfinished or prefinished.
The Fact Steam Mop and Laminate Floor not fit together
- Thie steam mop detrimental effect, not only due to the moisture, but the excessive heat too from the steam mop can effect the glue composition of the edges and the joints of the boards which can lead to cracks appearing and the moisture of the steam can damage the underside causing the laminate to lift.
- Water/moisture it can cause the surface to come loose. It can curl, crackle and ultimately, lose its smooth, wood-like finish
Steam Mopping Your laminate Floor/Hardwoord Floor How To care laminate floors Best Tips
- Do it with cauton try it first in a discrete area of the room.
- Do not use a steam mop directly on any wood/laminate flooring
- Try Lowering The heat of your steam mop. Just don't let it sit in one spot for to long.. I believe the trick is to not over do it for fear of warping wood.
- Do not use any of chemical ammonia or any product containing it. Lot of people say’s vinegar-and-water solution in a spray bottle is for cleaning your laminate floors! buts its very smell encourage pets to forget that they are house trained
- Don’t add soap to your cleaning solution. Soap will make your laminate floors slippery also It can ruin the glossy finish.Do mop up liquid spills immediately. It isn’t good for anything wet to lay on the floor.
- Be sure to check the manufacturers suggestions for cleaning the floors.
- Always use a clean mop. If you don’t, you’ll have streaks.
- Do not use your steam mop on a floor that was recently waxed. Don’t use waxes and polishes. The floor will turn out a smeary mess and you might have problems removing them later.Should be cleaned in regular intervals. It’s important that you try and clean them regularly so that the dirt doesn’t accumulate and start making it easier for scratches to start to appear.
- Once a week—or as often as traffic in the room demands—sweep or vacuum the floor to control dust and debris.
- Don't use a vacuum with a beater bar because it can scratch the laminate floor.
- Instead of using a dry dust mop, you could also use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment. Regularly use a soft brush attachment on the vacuum or use a swiffer style tool for picking up dirt and hair.
- A floor sweeper or softbristle broom can remove most pet hair, dust and dirt that collects on the floor.
How to make laminate floors shine
How To Care For Laminate Flooring
This one is a good practice and method they using to clean up laminate floor
In this video she explain how to clean my laminate wood floors and what she use to clean them with.Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Kit
Floor Solution Recipe:
Hot water to the fill line
Best Steam Mop For Laminate Floor
What i recommended below was steam mop which you can set the temperature of the steam, so each one of steam mop below was you can sett the temperature heat so you can safely steam use on your laminate floor
Haan SI-70 Steam Mop, Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer Reviews
The HAAN Multi SI70 steam mop converts into a handheld steamer at the touch of a button. Clean every surface in your home from the kitchen to bathroom, living room, and bedroom. Using Smart Steam Technology, a HAAN steam cleaner provides chemical free, natural, safe, and environmentally friendly home cleaning.
It kills 99.9% of common household germs, bacteria and dust mites without chemicals. Included are 2 reusable Ultra-Microfiber cleaning pads, a Carpet Glide attachment to sanitize and deodorize carpets and rugs and a handheld attachment kit. Attachment kit features a specialize nozzle, brush and mini steam head.
This steam cleaning powerhouse features an onboard hand-held steamer and attachments (mini steam head, steam bonnet, angled nozzle, round nylon scrub brush) to clean almost any area above the floor. extra-long cord,
- steam mop that includes a multi-use removable hand-held steamer. You can use handheld steam to use that Includes carpet glide attachment for sanitizing, refreshing and deordorizing soft surfaces around the home
- Very Easy Movability Swivel head maneuvers in hard-to-reach spaces, also its very light.
- Electronic pump provides continuous steam so there's no need to manually pum
- Fast heating only take 20 secs
- Limitles litle bit short cord, i need to move the and unplug on new location on the house
- When using the mop in upright mode, it does indeed stand on its own, but it can be easily knocked down if left unattended, but that's not much of a design flaw, just a minor annoyance.
Haan SI-70 Steam Mop, Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer it does have great feature, and make us easy to clean every corner on our every house. and proven technology of steam.Haan SI-70 Steam Mop, Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer with Built-in Hand-held Tank (Complete Set) w/ Gift: Premium Microfiber Cleaner
The Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop
The Hoover TwinTank Steam Mop is a great addition to our house. If you have hard wood / laminate floors through the entire house except for vinyl flooring in the kitchen and a small patch of carpet at the front door. The Twin Tank Steam Mop makes it easy to zip through the whole house in no time. And now I finally have something that I can whip out to quickly clean the carpet without needing a mop and a vacuum.
- An extra long cord allows for added reach and easy mobility between rooms
- The water tank is on front its easy to refill the water
- The maneuverability is great, and though at first I thought the handle seemed a bit short, it actually forced me to straighten up when mopping instead of hunching over pushing into it. It’s not necessary to push hard, so I guess the height is just right and forces me to have a good posture
- Fast heating only take 20 secs
- The bad - holding down the trigger - worst design idea ever. there is a power switch, you know, on and off (which is just fine) - then you pull the trigger and have to hold it the whole time you want steam
Hoover Steam Mop TwinTank Steam Cleaner WH20200 is great steam mop, can reach any spot on your house, quick n ready to use, the bad was you must press the button to use the steam mop, on long turn it will hurt your hand, but got long cord to reach vast room. The warranty is 2 years.
Why i compare you this to laminate floor were was not give any scracthe when i try on my hardwood floorHaan SI-70 Steam Mop, Multiple Purpose Floor Steamer with Built-in Hand-held Tank (Complete Set) w/ Gift: Premium Microfiber Cleaner$195.99N/A
Recommended Product For Clean Laminated FLoor
Laminate Floor Mops
This High Quality Mop, that will help you to clean up the laminate floor
Bona's stone, tile and laminate floor care system contains everything a homeowner needs to clean their hard surface floors. The system includes: a durable, 4-piece mop handle with a 4-by-15-inch head, a microfiber easy-glide machine washable pad, machine washable microfiber dusting pad, and bona's premium non-toxic, no-residue 32-ounce stone, tile and laminate floor cleaner spray.
Use the Microfiber Dust Mop to collect larger debris like pet hair, dirt and dust. Use the Wet Mop Pads for a deeper clean. Microfiber cleans more quickly and thoroughly than other cleaning products.
Laminate Floor CleanerBruce Laminate And Hardwood Floor Cleaner 64oz
This is perfect - no streaks and no residue. I highly recommend.
So what you think are you still wanna steam mopping your laminate floor? do it with caution. Keep in mind too, that if you have an interlocking system for your floor the damage t
So what you think are you still wanna steam mopping your laminate floor? do it with caution. Keep in mind too, that if you have an interlocking system for your floor the damage to one tile entails replacing the whole floor.